Updating your School Profile
Welcome to the Detroit Schools Guide! The CEC’s Detroit Schools Guide provides transparent, actionable information to help parents navigate Detroit’s education landscape. To support this, CEC relies on schools to provide accurate and up to date information about their offerings, enrollment processes, and much more.
Unlike years past, schools' profiles are currently live, Updates can be made at any time, but only by the lead contact. Any edits a lead contact makes to the school profile will be reflected on the website on Wednesdays by 12:00pm. While changes can be made at any time, we ask that leads update at least quarterly (March, June, September, December- these also align with key enrollment periods). We also recommend that you save often as you update your profile!
Use the button below to access your school's profile form:
Not sure who the lead contact is for your school? Search here.
Only the lead contact is able access the portal to edit the content listed on the school's profile page of the Detroit Schools Guide. Email CEC staff for any technical difficulties at email@example.com.
- How often does the information get uploaded to the site? Any edits made to the schools' profile are uploaded every week on Wednesday morning.
- Will my information be saved from last year? Yes! Whatever is on the website is reflected in the profile form. Please review and make edits where necessary.
- How long will it take to fill out the form? It depends on how much you are updating for your school, but we say generally set aside 30 minutes.
- Do I have to complete it in one sitting? Technically no, however if you have an incomplete profile on Wednesday, it will still update your school's live profile on the website. Just make sure any changes are done by Wednesday at 8am weekly.
- I forgot my password, now what? You simply select forgot password on the portal, and the system will send you a new one.
- What if I don't see my school listed in the Lead Contact search? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll create a school profile for you. Please remember that the Detroit Schools Guide only includes traditional district and charter schools that are located within the Detroit city limits.
- What happens if I don't submit information? CEC will pull whatever public information is available about your school and post a partially completed profile. This will not include information like “Points of Pride” and activity offerings that help showcase why your school is unique.
As always, you can reach us at email@example.com. Thank you for your commitment to Detroit children and families!