GOAL Line Program
Take advantage of this program’s transportation assistance and afterschool enrichment.
Launched in August 2018, the Community Education Commission’s GOAL Line Program offers transportation and afterschool programming to students attending partner schools. The GOAL Line was created in partnership with charter school operators, Detroit Public Schools Community District officials, teachers, parents, and city leaders to increase access to Detroit schools.
Students at partner schools can ride the GOAL Line bus route to get to and from school. Buses run in the AM and PM and offer families reliable, safe transportation.
The GOAL Line also transports students to the Northwest Activities Center for enrichment programming during afterschool hours. Enrichment offerings include activities such as:
- STEM, robotics, and coding
- Swimming, sports, and martial arts
- Community and leadership development
- Arts and theater
- Hip hop and spoken word
GOAL Line partner schools for the 2019-2020 school year
- Bagley Elementary School of Journalism and Technology
- Coleman A. Young Elementary
- Cornerstone Lincoln-King Academy (including the new Adams-Young campus)
- Detroit Achievement Academy
- Foreign Language Immersion & Cultural Studies (FLICS)
- John R. King Academic & Performing Arts Academy
- MacDowell Preparatory Academy
- Palmer Park Preparatory Academy
- Pasteur Elementary School
- Rutherford Winans Academy
- Schulze Academy for Technology and the Arts
- University Yes Academy
- Vernor, Dr. James Elementary School