Virginia Park

About

The Virginia Park Historic District, which was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, is located along both sides of Virginia Park Avenue from Woodward Avenue to the John C. Lodge Freeway service road. Established in 1893, this district was originally conceived as an upper-middle-class enclave. Many of the substantial homes in Virginia Park, constructed between 1893 and 1915, were designed by prominent Detroit architects and represent a variety of architectural styles such as Colonial Revival, Neo-Georgian, Tudor and bungalow. The Virginia Park Historic District eventually became part of the New Center area, along with the Fisher Building, Cadillac Place and the Argonaut Building.

View More Nearby Schools