Points of pride
• Integrates technology using a variety of academic programs for blended learning.
• Has Chromebooks for students to use, along with academic resources, for online learning opportunities.
• Has a support staff to support and foster scholars’ social and emotional needs.
• Offers student extracurricular activities for students --
o Boys and girls basketball
o Girls Scouts
o Boys mentor program
A Member of the Central Michigan University Community
Location & Contact
Yes, Transportation is Provided
Old Redford Academy Middle School offers transportation to all students in grades 5th-8th.
To see available transit times enter your location below.
|Accepting New Students?||
Yes - 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th
|Application Priorities||Siblings of Current Students, Children of Staff, Other|
Old Redford Academy is currently accepting enrollment applications from K-12 students. The enrollment application is available on the District’s website at oradistrict.org, as well as the campus location.
Academics & Activities
At Old Redford Academy Middle School, our curriculum includes 60-minute instructional blocks. We are currently using EngageNY for ELA, Eureka Math for math, Mc3 for social studies, and STEMscopes for science. EngageNY offers professional learning tools and resources to support educators in ELA. Eureka Math connects to the real world in a variety of ways. Mc3 supports the Michigan State Standards for social studies that provide teachers with professional development through Wayne RESA. STEMscopes provides digital resources, supplemental print materials, and hands-on activities that are engaging.
- Boys and girls basketball
- Girls Scouts
- Boys mentor program
|Leadership and Mentoring|
In addition to all core classes, Old Redford Academy Middle School offers courses in alignment with the Michigan Merit Curriculum and Common Core State Standards. Additionally, we offer enhanced instruction through technology, additional resources, and academic programs. Our research-based curriculum ensures our scholars are on the road to being college-ready once they complete our academic program. Scholars who are disadvantaged receive support during and after our academic school day. Our entire population is addressed by targeting advanced students, proficient students, and the bottom 30%. A special emphasis is put on web-based individualized learning curriculums that allow us to create specialized student learning paths. These programs include Edgenuity, MAP Skills, and push in/pull out intervention model to support our core subjects.
Is there a parent advisory council?
School Safety Culture
Old Redford Academy Middle School uses the following strategies and programs to promote a school culture of safety:
- The campus includes gated entries at all doors, an active security guard, and over 80 security cameras around campus and secured parking lots.
- A Dean of Culture and a social worker oversee preventive programming and reinforce safety expectations and restorative practices.